Image Credit: www.heidinegron.com | @hydro_fit
If you’re a gym regular or even the occasional weekend warrior, you might be wondering if and how exercising after Botox will affect your results. At Boss Gal Beauty Bar, we typically advise patients to avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours after receiving cosmetic Botox.
Here are 5 things to consider before your appointment:
1) During the first 4 hours, you should refrain from any extra activity and avoid strenuous activity for at least 24 hours. Why? After a Botox injection, the different proteins will diffuse to the treated area. Increasing blood flow during a heart-pumping workout can metabolize the product before diffusion is complete. This causes a less than effective treatment.
2) Wiping sweat from your forehead can become a mini-massage and can actually move the Botox around from the injected area. The same thing happens if you put your head below your heart for a stretch. We always recommend our Boss Gal clients stay upright and do not lie down for the first 4 hours following treatment.
3) Do you bruise easily? Exercising can make your bruising worse and more painful if you hit up the gym too soon.
4) Raising your blood pressure during an intense workout can lead to the injected area swelling.
5) Maybe you’re a swimmer? It’s important to avoid tight goggles or face masks, too. Pressure on the area can move the product elsewhere and make it less effective.
Injectables are a highly effective treatment for smoothing out worry lines, crows feet, and lines of motion. Always let your Boss Gal Beauty Bar service provider know your exercise habits during the appointment. We may have special instructions for you or alter your treatment plan. To play it safe, get that workout in before your appointment so you can take the rest of the day off to recover after your treatment!
Have more questions about Botox? Book a free consult with one of our experienced injectors who can talk you through a personalized treatment plan.