A semi-permanent tattooing technique that creates hairlike strokes to fill in sparse or thinning brows. Typically lasting 1-3 years depending on skin type and lifestyle.
A handheld tool is used to make tiny hair like incisions in the superficial layers of the skin where the pigment is implanted. Since the pigment is superficial, as the skin sheds and cellular turnover occurs the pigment will soften and lighten over time. Most people require two sessions to achieve their ideal brow. However, some skin types retain pigment better than others. For example with oily skin, the pigment doesn’t stick as well and these people may require a third session or more frequent touch ups to maintain their brows.
The Microblading technique uses hair-like strokes that can be almost impossible to tell from your natural brows. Your fee includes the initial procedure and a six week touch up Perfection Session. Please book your Perfection Session NOW to ensure you get in at the six week time frame.
bladE & SHADE Brows $649
Microblading strokes with additional manual shading for a more filled-in/make-up look. Your fee includes the initial procedure and a six week touch up Perfection Session. Please book your Perfection Session NOW to ensure you get in at the six week time frame.
Perfection Session – 6 week touchup
No additional cost as this is included in your initial fee. Please note: If you do not schedule your Perfection Sesssion within 10 weeks, you will need to schedule a Color Pop session and pay the associated fees.
3-6 Month Color Pop $100
Touch Up for 3-6 months post procedure. This service is only available to current clients. We do not do color pop sessions on other artist’s work.
7-12 Month Color Pop $200
Touch Up for 7-12 months post procedure. This service is only available to current clients. We do not do color pop sessions on other artist’s work.
13-18 Month Color Pop $300
Touch Up for 13-18 months post procedure. This service is only available to current clients. We do not do color pop sessions on other artist’s work.
Q: Is everyone a candidate for microblading?
Microblading is not recommended for those with oily skin or large pores. If that’s you, you may consider machine shading or combination shading and microblading technique for better results. We also do not provide microblading for people: under 18 years old, pregnant or nursing, if you have diabetes, skin diseases such as Shingles, psoriasis or eczema on the area of treatment, Keloid disorder, hemophilia, or if you’re taking skin medications like chemo therapy, accutaine and steroids. You must be off accutaine for 1 year before you can do microblading.
Q: Does microblading hurt?
On average most people say it feels like a 3 or a 4 out of 10 on a pain scale (0 being no pain, 10 being extreme pain). We will use topical lidocaine to numb you prior to microblading and use an additional numbing during.
Q: I am on blood thinners, can I do microblading?
People on blood thinners cannot do microblading due to bleeding risks. If you are on blood thinners please contact your physician for permission stop the medication 48 hours before procedure. If your physician agrees this is safe for you, please bring a note from your physician to your appointment.
Q: How long does it last?
The pigment is implanted superficially in the skin. As your skin naturally sheds the pigment will lift and fade over time. On average most people like to do an annual touch up to maintain the color and shape. People who use products that make the skin exfoliate or shed faster will experience premature fading. For example, if you use retin A or do regular chemical peels.
Q: Can I do microblading while pregnant or breast feeding?
No, we will not do microblading on any one pregnant or breast feeding.
Q: Can microblading hide or cover a traditional brow tattoo?
Often we cannot. But if the previous tattoo or permanent makeup has faded considerably, sometimes we can. Please call us and send us a photo of your tattoo before booking.
We have answers for all your microblading and permanent makeup questions. If you don’t see it here, contact us and we’ll be happy to answer any questions.
Pre and Post-Appointment Information
First thing we recommend is to go ahead and book your Perfection Session 6-weeks from your initial appointment. This ensures you get in for you second session at an appropriate time. If you wait until the day of your appointment to book your touch up you will not get it within the 6-10 complimentary touch up window. After 10 weeks it is considered a 3-6 month touch up and there is a fee.
Here’s some more tips:
- Waxing or brow shaping should be done at least 2 days in advance. A wax is not necessary though, as we will clean up your brows the day off your appointment.
- If you tint your brows, tint at least one week in advance.
- Cosmetic Botox or fillers should be done 2 weeks in advance.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine and blood thinners (like aspirin and ibuprofen) 48 hours before your procedure. These things could cause excessive bleeding and may affect your results.
- We will not be able to tattoo over any blemishes, sores, and moles in or around the brow area.
- Discontinue use of any skin thinners like Vitamin A and glycol acids two weeks before your appointment.
- Come to your appointment with your brows drawn on how you like them to look. This helps in our conversations regarding your design. Bringing photos of brows you like helps as well!
- For clients who have had chemotherapy, you must wait at least 6 months since your last treatment before getting microblading. That gives your skin and your immune system the proper amount of time to heal.
The big day is finally here! You’ve followed your pre-procedure instructions provided online and in your email. Expect to be at the salon for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Here’s what we’ll be doing:
- We’ll start with a consultation and map out a brow design that will enhance your natural facial features. (30 mins)
- Time for the topical anesthetic (5% lidocaine cream) to be applied to make you as comfortable as possible. We’ll let that work its magic for 20 minutes before getting started. We’ll also be applying another numbing agent throughout the procedure to continue the numbing effects. (30 mins)
- Time to tattoo! Your individually-chosen pigment color will be implanted in the top dermal layer to create hair like strokes that mimic the appearance of natural brow hair and create the brow shape you’ve agreed upon.(60-90 mins)
- The procedure is over…your brows are poppin’! You can expect some minimal redness around your brow but clients can return to work immediately after the procedure.
- This redness will subside over the next few hours. As the numbing wears off, you can expect to have some slight discomfort. Most describe it as a sunburn sensation. Immediately after the procedure the brows will appear crisp and dark. This is not how dark your brows will end up being. For microblading the pigment tends to fade 10-20% by the time it’s healed.
Wow! How about all those compliments on your new brows?! Guess what? It only gets better. As your skin begins to heal and the scabbing subsides you will see lighter and softer feather strokes.
It takes about 2 weeks for the superficial layers of skin to close and heal. Deeper dermal layers of the skin will take up to 6 weeks to fully heal. This is why we’d like to see you again for your ‘Perfection Session’ after it has been 6 weeks since your initial procedure. Please note: If you do not have your Perfection Session within 10 weeks of your initial appointment, it will be considered a color pop session and there will be a fee. If you are having trouble finding time on our schedule, please contact us.
While there are no guarantees with cosmetic tattooing, our goal is to have happy clients. Results will vary depending on skin type, lifestyle, and the immediate and long term aftercare by the client. People with oily skin types may have strokes that heal softer while drier skin types may heal crisper and more defined. Proper after care is CRUCIAL to ensure your best possible results. It is very important to follow these instructions for the full 10-day healing period to ensure proper healing and color retention.
- For the first hour after your appointment gently blot your brows every 20 minutes with the wipe provided.
- Apply the lotion 2 times daily. A good time to do this is in the morning/evening after cleansing the brows.
- Gently cleanse your brows morning and night every day starting the same day as your procedure.
- The best way to cleanse the brows is to gently splash water over your entire face. Use your cleanser everywhere but don’t scrub your brows. If some soap gets in the brows that is ok. Gently splash off with water and pat dry.
- For the next two weeks avoid saunas, pools, hot tubs, steam rooms and sweating. It is recommended you take 10 days off from working out for optimal results.
- Avoid the sun for the next two weeks. Excessive UV exposure will alter the pigment of your tattoo. This includes tanning beds.
- DO NOT use laser light therapy on your brow tattoo. This can darken, lighten, and distort the pigment.
- DO NOT use Vaseline or Neosporin on your tattoo.
- DO NOT apply any makeup on your brows for 2 weeks.
- DO not use exfoliants, retinol acids, or AHAs on the area for 30 days after the appointment. It will fade your tattoo prematurely.
- DO NOT get massages, facials, mcironeedling or skin treatments during the healing process.
- Wait two weeks before doing any waxing or tinting.
- Treat the brows like a wound and keep them dry and clean! Do not scratch or pick and if you must touch your brows make sure your hands are clean.
- Easy enough, right? Now take care of those brows and we’ll see you at your Perfection Session!
What to expect during healing
Allow 10-14 days for brows to heal. During this time you can totally go to work and be in public but it is not recommended that you plan any special events or photo shoots.
- Day of your brow appointment your brows may look a little red or swollen. This is totally normal and usually subsides within an hour or two. The strokes will appear very crisp and well defined.
- Days 2-4 the pigment oxidizes and the color becomes darker. The brows often look much bolder in this stage. Don’t panic! it is only temporary.
- Days 5-7 The brows will start to lightly scab. Do not pick or scratch. The longer the scabs stay intact, the better your results will be.
- Days 8-14 Once the scabs have all come off the brows may appear dull or faded. New skin has formed covering the pigment. Over the next 2 weeks the strokes will come back crisper and darker. You may notice some strokes missing or unevenness. That’s totally normal and we will go over the strokes at the touch up session to reinforce them.
- After the touch up – you will go through all the same healing stages all over again and you brows will be on point for a long time. See you next time for your annual color pop!